Saturday, September 17, 2005

What's the difference?


Birmingham has a news station w/a weather section that includes a 'Doppler One Million'. How can there be so many different names for a doppler radar system? I remember when (I'm 27)it was Doppler radar and I expected something fantastic, but it looked like a normal radar. Then came Doppler 2000-Doppler twooooooooo thousand, DOPPLER two thooooooooooooooooousssssssssssssssssssand. It pretty much looked like the old doppler. Then there was Doppler 3,000, and then, and then, and then...well they've eaten up through all the doppler numbers, so I'm just wondering after Doppler One Million what they are going to call it because although funny when I hear the weatherperson call it by it's numbered name, it's also annoying and makes me wonder what the difference is between the original and the 'one million' version.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home